Easter Menu Ideas
- 2 large cucumbers, spiralized using Blade A
- 4 cups strawberries, sliced
- ½ cup feta, crumbled
- ½ cup Poppyseed Dressing (I love Panera's)
- In a large bowl, toss cucumbers and strawberries together.
- Divide among four plates, sprinkle with feta and pour 2 tablespoons dressing over each salad and serve immediately!
FROM : http://withsaltandwit.com/cucumber-strawberry-poppyseed-salad/
ALMOND-BASIL DEVILED EGGS
Makes: 24 Eggs
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Garnish : fresh basil & sliced almonds
- Boil eggs.
- Half eggs lengthwise; separate yolks & whites. Place egg whites on a serving platter.
- In a medium bowl, combine yolks, sour cream, mayo, almonds, basil, salt, and garlic; mash together with a fork to desired consistency. Spoon or pipe mixture into egg whites; garnish.
FROM: Cooking with Paula Deen Magazine
CAPTAIN RODNEY'S PORK TENDERLOIN
- 2 (3/4 lb) pork tenderloins
- 1 bottle Captain Rodney's Glaze
- Pre-heat oven to 450 degree.
- Place Pork Tenderloin in a roasting pan and roast 15 minutes in the pre-heated oven.
- Remove pork from oven and baste with Captain Rodney's Glaze.Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees, and continue roasting for 45 minutes, basting occasionally with Captain Rodney's to an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
PAULA DEEN'S FAVORITE EASTER STRAWBERRY CAKE
1 (18.25-ounce) box white cake mix
1 (3-ounce) box strawberry-flavored instant gelatin
1 (15-ounce) package frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed and pureed
4 large eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
Strawberry cream cheese frosting, recipe follows
Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (10-ounce) package frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed and pureed
1/2 teaspoon strawberry extract
7 cups confectioners' sugar
Freshly sliced strawberries, for garnish, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 2 (9-inch) round cake pans.
In a large bowl, combine cake mix and gelatin. Add pureed strawberries, eggs, oil, and water; beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Pour into prepared pans, and bake for 20 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.
For the frosting:
In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in 1/4 cup of the strawberry puree and the strawberry extract. (The rest of the puree is leftover but can be used in smoothies or on ice cream for a delicious treat.) Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating until smooth.
Spread frosting in between layers and on top and sides of cake. Garnish with sliced fresh strawberries, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Paula Deen
Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/simply-delicious-strawberry-cake-recipe.html?oc=linkback